Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 10


This week was CrAzY! It sure did fly by, though!

Wednesday, I was able to chaperone the 8th grade field trip to Moundsville, WV for the day. We left at the beginning of school and endured a 3-hr. bus ride to Moundsville, where we took each of our groups through two different tours: the Moundsville mound museum and the State Penitentiary.

All three of the Interns were supposed to attend the trip; one of the girls got sick and wasn't able to go. So the two of us who remained split her group up, and each took on more students. In total, I had 17 in my group! They were all great kids though, and I had no major issues.


I really enjoyed the tour of the prison, and I think my kids favored it over the mound and museum. I did not enjoy, however, the 6 hours that were spent in a bus full of hyper, screaming students! As I reviewed and reflected on the trip with my mentor teacher (who was not able to go), she reminded me that all experiences are learning experiences--whether good or bad. I absolutely learned a lot about organization, planning, and management during field trips! The 8th grade takes another big trip in the spring to Washington D.C.; this trip is much different, and I'm anxious to be able to experience the other spectrum of field-tripping!

Also, this week was another "first" for me: I had to walk my first student down to the office for disruptive and disrespectful behavior! I was so nervous! I'm glad to get this "first" out of the way, even if it was a negative one!

No comments:

Post a Comment